Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 3.22.2007 

Musings while my hair dye does its thang.

So last night we went to an actual place for the buying of schmancy men's clothing for Hubby. They carried pants for 32" to 58" waists. Now, I know for a fact that most "big" clothes for men begin at a 46" waist. So, if this were a women's shop, it would be like walking in finding every style in sizes XS-3X. IN ONE STORE. Also? Those sizes would be sizes that actually reflect what they ought to be (not a L = dress size 10) Also? They did alterations at the store - got short legs or arms? No problem.

Are any other women hating The Gap, Express, or wherever else you shop for clothes right now? 'Cause I sure am. Anyone else hating how it's socially acceptable for men to be fat? Bastards.

Labels: , ,

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  5:23 PM   7 comment(s)

7 Comments:

I have seen the Congress Avenue bridge bats of Austin when I went to visit my sugar daddy there back in the day. Austin is one of the most fun places I've ever been. Enjoy it for me!

By Blogger pirata segreto, at 11:10 PM  

I'm so with you sista'! Why do you think it's easier to find clothes in the men's department for bigger girls than in the actualy girls department? I was looking at a guy here at work just yesterday, knowing that what he was wearing would be big on me, but since he's a tall, somewhat thin man, he just looks normal instead of fat. Sucks butt.

By Blogger newsbug, at 6:47 AM  

Haaaate shopping for clothes. If you aren't an averaged sized or proportioned female, it is so hard to find something that fits right. Especially hate the bullshit sizing.

By Blogger Janis, at 9:02 AM  

My hate runs deep.

First, it was just swimsuits. Because it's perfectly natural for size 5 women to have C cup breasts?

Then, it was the low rise jeans. Seriously, who finds those comfortable?

And well, now I'm equal opportunity hater when it comes to buying women's clothes (well, pants, specifically!)

By Blogger Britz, at 1:49 PM  

You speak the truth my Queen.
Clothes are simply not to be bought. Period. The End.
I think Gandhi had the right idea. Just a loin cloth from home spun. Perhaps a cane for flair.
Even Gandhi wouldn't be able to fit into anything made by Hollister.

By Blogger David, at 3:54 PM  

I'm with you. You'd think a shirt in size "Large" would fit a woman with a bra cup bigger than a small C. Ugh. I have given up on the Gap entirely. Their stuff is designed for high school girls... tall, hipless, concave-stomached high school girls.

Whereas my 5'7" husband won't wear horizontal stripes because he thinks they make him look shorter. *rolling eyes* Men have no idea...

By Blogger Melissa, at 11:05 PM  

Ultra low rise jeans are the devil's work!!

Philip and I have opposite clothing issues- he has a 30" waist and long legs which means he always ends up with pants that are too big. Life would be much simpler if we all had personal tailors.

By Blogger robyn, at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet