Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 5.28.2007 

Red 'n Sassy!

We started at 2pm. We ended at 9:30pm. This was the Hair Day Of Doom.

First Rae separated out the bottom half of my hair and we bleached it with a "radical bleaching kit" from Sally's. My undyed roots (about 1") ended up a vanilla white. The rest of my hair stayed fairly light caramel, so we busted out Manic Panic's Flash lightening kit and went in for a second round on the ends. The best we could get was a french vanilla color, and for fear of totally frying my hair, that's where we stopped.

Then Rae applied the Manic Panic Infra Red very carefully, using those little foil wraps. The wraps were black on the outside, so by the time she had finished it looked like I was either 1) a bald penguin or 2) Darth Vader. We let in soak in for probably an hour or so while I put the enchilada pie I had prepared that morning in the oven and whipped up some spanish rice. Then we watched some Firefly while we ate.

Next, Rae colored the top part of my hair with my usual very-dark-brown with very-red-highlights color (Clairol Natural Instincts #30). We waited 20 minuted and then rinsed until the water ran clear. The foil wraps looked as though they had been used for BBQ rather than hair color! Rinsing took a good long while, and I was on a small step stool with my head hung over into the sink. I was pretty dizzy by the time it was over. We applied a super-conditioner the cute punk girl at Sally's recommended and waited another ten minutes. Rinsed again. Towel dried. And, voila! Sassy red!

Thank you, Raellyn!!

Labels: , ,

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  11:29 PM   7 comment(s)

7 Comments:

god, is there nothing that girl can't do?!?!

Now you're gonna look cooler than me! Not fair!

By Blogger Renee, at 12:22 AM  

I love how it went all two tone (opposite) when you put it up! YAY for being brave and coloring your hair!

By Blogger Raellyn, at 8:43 AM  

I love it!!!

By Blogger robyn, at 8:59 AM  

Whoa, that turned out awesome!

By Blogger Janis, at 10:23 AM  

ahhh i love it!! want it want it want it!! when i cut my hair short again watch out, i'm buying stock in Manic Panic!!

By Blogger Inky, at 4:42 PM  

I want to see how it looks with your hair down!

Infra-red was the Manic Panic color Aimee used to use. *sigh* Ahh, the days. I'd like to do that to my hair again, but I hate to get confused for a patient. ;) (I say that in jest, but I really did just have a patient with Manic Panic hair.)

By Blogger Colleen, at 7:07 PM  

It looks great!!! :)

By Blogger Dana, at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet