Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 7.09.2007 

So You Don't Want To Hear About My Good Day?

Or, actually, maybe you do. I'm just referencing a Dresden Dolls song, as I must now admit to being fullblown, girl-crushingly obsessed with Amanda Palmer, the lyricist and lead singer. I can't help it, you know how I get - research mode, yeah? And the internets make stalking so easy. So yes, if you didn't think me a gigantic nerd before for the whole Wizard Rock thing (which I do still love, it's just not on endless repeat in my head currently), you may now openly point and laugh at me for being sweet on Amanda Palmer and declaring her my new American BFF. (Hey, it worked for meeting Brenda Dayne, my American-living-in-Wales BFF… maybe I can recycle that mojo!)

Hrm, have we noticed a trend yet for me falling for women with dead sexy voices? No, honey, I don't want to meet, just Skype me with that sexy voice of yours.

And yes, I had a Good Day. Honestly, it has surprised the fuck out of me, so I am enjoying it thoroughly. I was sick all weekend <insert standard rant about me always being sick on weekends while Hubby manages to get sick during the work week> and though I'm still a little coughy today, I'm good when sitting, so work was fine. This morning I really blew off (backreading Amanda Palmer's blog, squee). Hubby and I had lunch together. I realized that it's July. JULY, people. J U L Y. I keep having this realization, but it's like I'm in denial; my brain just resets to it being mid-June every time I finish thinking, "Oh shit, it's July!"

After lunch I did actual work, and I really enjoyed it. I'm creating posters for "the Hub @ WT's" (Dear University - Stupidest. name. ever. But better than Willie T's, I suppose.) My sculptural artwork got nixed due to budget issues, but all the brochures and stuff have been based on my designs, and I really got into the "flow zone". (Remember, happiness is supposedly based on "flow" - doing stuff that you enjoy and takes all your concentration.) The hours just went past like water and I did some really great work. I had the Dolls on repeat in iTunes. Of course then when I was done I sat back and looked at it and thought, "Yeah, but it doesn't mean anything. Amanda Palmer is doing stuff that means something." Imagine my surprise when I even after that thought I was in a calm, contented, and still slightly energized place. Mmmmmmmmm. It was so nice.

Harry Potter, tomorrow at midnight! Movies are never as good as books, but I'm not going to turn down a Potter fix. I am still boggling over my "token".

And by the way, Amanda Palmer (yes, Amanda fucking Palmer, again) is obsessed with Avril Lavigne. I think that puts me forward for teh win.

PS, Dear Microsoft Word, do not correct my "teh" when I type it sarcastically on purpose.

Labels: , , ,

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  7:48 PM   3 comment(s)

3 Comments:

I'm glad you had a good day. I had a bad dream about you this weekend. I didn't want to freak you out by calling you to check on you, but I'm glad you're ok!

By Blogger Colleen, at 9:02 PM  

1. I will never begrudge anyone calling/emailing to check on me after having a bad dream.

2. Damnit, now I'm curious - what happened???

By Blogger Zabet, at 9:55 PM  

You were really sick and only had a few days to live. It sucked so bad. It's making me sad typing it. Bad dream. :(

By Blogger Colleen, at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet