Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 8.27.2007 

Take #2!

Ok, I wrote this long post about mass transit, the problems with it in Lexington, etc., but all you really need to know is that Hubby and I took the bus to work this morning for the first time and it went really well. The bus was a little late, but it was clean and had a/c, and we still got to work about the same time as usual. The stops are right next to our house (within 100 feet from our front door) and right next to where the University's parking shuttle would have dropped us off (about 20 ft away), and we only have to ride one bus, no transfers. Very sweet deal. For those of you who are interested in the economics side, here's the math:
Gas for our car: $120/mo.
University parking pass: $25/mo.
2 30-day bus passes for me and Hubby: $60
Less daily wear on our car, which is getting old and we can't afford to replace just yet: priceless
Sunday we moved the cats over to the townhouse. Since we only have 2 carriers and 4 cats, we took them over two at a time. Roscoe and Josie did very well. Josie didn't like being in the carrier, but they did well. We were worried about trying to get Agatha in a carrier, so we left Agatha and Max for last. If you will remember, the first time we had to get Aggie into a carrier Hubby ended up with 11 band-aids on one hand from her bites. The second time, we had to buy a pond-cleaning net and scoop her from behind the piano into the carrier. Amazingly, this time I just sat in the middle of the floor with the two carries open next to me. I whistled that odd whistle the cats like so much, and Max trotted right over. I rubbed on Max and let her wander around and sniff the carriers. Having Max out there made Aggie want to come out and get some love, too. I let Aggie sniff the carriers and circle them and I rubbed on her for about 5 minutes. She got up close to one of the carriers to sniff the inside while I was rubbing her back, so I just gave her a little push, in she went, and I shut the door. Granted, she was not happy about it, and hissed and spat at me for it, but no one was injured and it only took about 10 minutes to get her into the carrier whereas before it took hours. Max was no problem to get into the carrier, but as soon as we put her in the car she began yowling. Not just "meow, meow, I'm unhappy," but "MEEEEEEEEEEE-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-RRRRRRR-GGGH why are you disemboweling meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!?!?!" Very, very pleasant.

At the house we set up the litter box, the cat tree Janis gave us (thanks, J!), a window seat, and scattered the kittybeds around in the small bedroom, so they would come into the new house with at least a few familiar things nearby. We made them stay in their room last night - we want them to get to know it well since it's essentially their room, and because downstairs we have stacks of dishes that I have unearthed from packing material that have not yet been put in cabinets - and today while we're at work. Tonight (after we put away the dishes) we will let them out to roam. Max continued yowling all last night, and I hope our new neighbors don't hate us now. Between that, moving furniture with Rae&Bug yesterday, and getting up earlier than usual to catch the bus, Hubby and I are zombies today.

Labels: , ,

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  11:31 AM   1 comment(s)

1 Comments:

Yay for the bus and yay for kitties! I hope it all continues to go well. I need to remember to get Rune's scratching post next time I'm in Maryland.

By Blogger Janis, at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet