Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 9.24.2007 

Weekendliness

I continued a-hermitting on Friday and didn't go to the talk at Jo Beth by the Body Farm folks. Hubby says it's probably a good thing, as he looked up the tour online and there were some really graphic photos. I get really squeamish nowadays, so I'll just consider that a bullet dodged. Hubby and I watched Hot Fuzz instead and it was terrific. Think Murder She Wrote meets Reservoir Dogs.

Saturday evening some friends threw me a no-baby shower, so Hubby and I made ample use of lazy time beforehand and didn't even brush our teeth until about 5pm. The shower was lots of fun - Ne couldn't come but sent along some poems that made for great entertainment vis-à-vis dramatic readings. I also got to explain in detail, with The Snatchel for visual reference, the three kinds of tubals done and the type I was getting. The Naughty Indians were in attendance and I think this was almost too much for Mr. Naughty, despite what the name would lead you to believe. There was quite the snack spread, with everything from wine to cupcakes to cheeseballs, and it soon dissolved into a typical SNB, as everyone who knitted brought their projects.

Sunday we cleaned and cleaned (it's becoming our habit - makes Hubby happy because he can be lazy starting at 5pm on Friday; I'm ok with it so long as cleaning happens though I'd rather do it earlier in the weekend so I can be lazy before going to work). We had dinner at Mellow Mushroom, which I can't believe I avoided all these years because Colleen had said it was bad! They have the best pizza ever, cider on tap, awesome music playing, and Hubby and I got to watch the "small dog agility trials" and "jack russell hurdle racing" on ESPN, which is high-larious in case you are wondering. Then we made it over to ReBelle. I brought a tote full of stash that I wasn't going to use w ithin the next 12 months to donate to a women's shelter and mucho fabric for Sarah in return for an AC project I've been dreaming up. I also bought some wool for an AC project I am working on with one of the Greenies.

I am so excited about this week! Apparently Ravelry added users over the weekend, so I might actually get in on Wednesday. Thursday we leave for Yarn School. Sunday we come back and are going to make a side trip to Ramsi's while in Lville. Monday I get my tubes tied. Tuesday I'm off work and have the whole day to myself. I can't wait!

Labels: , , , ,

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  12:19 PM   3 comment(s)

3 Comments:

I went to Mellow Mushroom with Alex when I was last in town and it was amaaaazing! I want to take Paul there sometime. Glad the shower was fun!

By Blogger Janis, at 3:43 PM  

But the first time we went there the pizza smelled a bit fishy and it took 1.5+ hours to get in and out! I went there again with some friends, and it wasn't as bad, although I wouldn't call it "quick" service. I still like Pazzo's more.

By Blogger Colleen, at 6:02 PM  

Ok, I will give you that it's slow. You do not go there for quick food. And the fishy thing has obviously been corrected. But I still blame you! (I can, you know, since you tried to kill me that one time, remember? .:grin:.)

By Blogger Zabet, at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet