Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 10.23.2007 

Weekendliness

What is it with Fridays? Why can't I remember them? I suppose it's that Hubby and I are usually so worn out by Friday evening that we veg out with a DVD or crash early. I think we picked up some Indian food to-go. That was the highlight.

Saturday we started cleaning. It seems we can either unpack or clean, but not both. Since we had unpacked some, the general state of the house was crazy. No longer. We were about to take a nap when we realized it was the 20th, and the Smiffin's engagement party was that evening (and not the next Saturday). So, we got presentable and headed out.

I have to admit, now that there is a whole other side of the "family" to deal with (T's friends), these get-togethers make me intensely uncomfortable. It's because I don't really know them, and yeah, I know, the only way to get to know them is to spend time with them, and they all seem really nice, etc., it just overloads my circuits. The only folks there that we knew were Gi and Josh, but they always manage to show up late enough that we're leaving by the time they arrive. Alas.

So, that said, though it was a good time and the turkey sausage balls were delicious, I was thankful when the zombies told me it was time to head over to Raellyn's to take photos of the awesome [censored] she [censored] for the next AC issue. (I have a zombie ringtone on my phone. I use it when I set alarms.)

Rae and Bug were up to their ears in football hooligans, and none of us had had a proper meal, so we escaped to Wind for dinner. It was a good way to relax and unwind. We had some ice cream afterwards while Rae's mom looked at the advance copy of the book and discussed crochet techniques with me.

Sunday we slept insanely late and made it to about the last 2 hours of SNB. We had dinner at Ramsey's and hit the grocery store before returning home. We did monster loads of laundry and more cleaning. We are now trying to eat in a lot more after eating out so often during this whole moving process. Tonight is leftover soup (that was made from some leftover risotto) with PB sandwiches. It's definitely soup weather right now and I think I may throw some beans on to soak overnight so I can make some chili!

In case anyone is wondering, eating in means going mostly vegetarian for me. Hubby's been veggie for several months now, so if I'm cooking for two it is only logical to bust out the seitan rather than the ground bison. Doesn't really make that much difference to me - when I crave a burger I can still go out and buy one. It's vegan I couldn't do. You'll have to pry that cheese out of my cold, dead hand, ya hear? Cheese is the life!

Labels: , , ,

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  1:42 PM   2 comment(s)

2 Comments:

I want to know what cellphone service you have. I want a zombie ringtone!

By Blogger Mild Biscuit, at 9:19 AM  

Cingular (now AT&T)... it was one of the downloadable ringtones. Yes, I paid $2.50 for zombies.

By Blogger Zabet, at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet