Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 1.26.2008 

Giftage!

On Tuesday I got fabulous surprises in the mail, but have been too busy to mention them, so I’m now finally getting around to it!

Carrie's CD!
To start, my sister sent me a copy of her first album! There are eleven songs, two of which she wrote herself. Let me tell you, since I've started recording audio for podcasts I've learned a ton, so I wasn't sure how good the audio was going to be on this since she was telling me very casually that it was just "thrown together," but the quality is awesome. It sounds like you are sitting next to her as she plays piano and sings. Also, I knew she could sing, but she quit smoking a while back and her voice really shows it. It's lustrous. And I have to admit I had no idea she could play piano so well. I'm sort of jealous, having this piano in my front room and no idea how to play anything other than "Frère Jacques." She's jealous of my knitting, so I guess now we're even. :)

Giftage from Brenda
Second, I got a care package from Brenda. She had been meaning to send me a wire knitting book that wasn't up her alley for ages, so when she finally sent it she stuffed the box with goodies, and I mean serious goodies here. Two skeins of handspun! Chocolate! Music! Tea! A map! (Which she couldn't have known my love of maps, yet there the map is!) A rock and a shell! (Don't laugh, I brought home rocks from New Zealand, remember, and my sister regularly picks up very nice rocks for me while she's out hiking.) It's like a little box o' Welsh heaven.

Speaking of stalkees, Clarine has threatened me with a box of goodies as well. Amanda, Franklin, and Stephanie - you need to step up! (Seriously now, should my stalkees be encouraging me?)

So, why was my week so busy that I couldn't blog about these things before? Well, on Wednesday, Hubby got a vasectomy, so my energies where focused elsewhere. He's doing much better today, up and down the stairs, even, but for most of Wednesday and Thursday he needed some extra attention so he wouldn't, um, strain anything. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous - not because he got two days off from work, but because his entire procedure took about 10 minutes, he didn't have to be put under (to awaken gasping desperately for breath), and well, it worked. Granted he's got to wait a bit before being entirely sterile, but I would have had to as well if it weren't for the whole stupid my-body-is-conspiring-against-me thing.

Backyard Tree
Tonight we're actually going out to celebrate SB's birthday, which should be a good time as our dinner reservation has been made for twenty-six! So, I leave you with this picture of the oak tree in our back garden. I looked out the glass doors today and realized it has a frowny-face!

Labels: , , , ,

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  2:48 PM   2 comment(s)

2 Comments:

that's some high quality stalkee goodness ritch there.

(and we'll see if the end number lives up to the hype. i believe it to be highly inflated)

By Blogger robiewankenobie, at 3:06 PM  

oh! and more importantly! sterile! sterile is goooood!

By Blogger robiewankenobie, at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet