Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 3.25.2008 

Нос был написан Николаем Гоголем, и обработан Тимом Ральфсом.

Tim Ralphs, who I "met" while working on a podcast for Sage over at Quirky Nomads, asked me to join in on a short serial he's doing of The Nose to run March 25 to April 7, in conjunction with the dates of the story. (I say "met" because we never actually talked to each other, but heard each other's audio while working on a scene together, which was later scrapped... but I digress.) I couldn't say no - I mean, seriously, I have a freaking Russian degree and you have to have a serious stick up your ass to not like Gogol; we're not talking Lev "Peter Pan" Tolstoy here. I signed on immediately, pulled out my very old copy of The Overcoat and Other Stories and found a copy of the text in Russian online, and spent several hours going between translations.

Mind you, my entire part in this is only about 30 seconds long. Maybe 45. Yes, that is the kind of nerd I am. Ok, it probably also helped that Tim's email to me included the lines, "Have I mentioned how much you rock? You rock." But whatever. The situation was ripe for extreme nerdiness, and I stepped up.

Interested? You can find the installments on Tim's podcast: The Room Behind the Bookcase. The first installment is available today; check back over the next two weeks for further installments.

Can I also just mention here how much I love voice acting? It's like acting, but without the part where you're never cast because you're a fat girl.

Labels:

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  2:07 PM   0 comment(s)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet