Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 5.16.2008 

Hey, This Baby Really Does Taste Like Soup

(or, How Cat Bordhi Almost Made Me Give Up Knitting)

I got A Treasury of Magical Knitting and A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting for my birthday. I have been hot to make myself a möbius shawl for a while, and that gorgeous handspun K2 sent my way finally told me it ought to be a möbius cowl. So I pulled out my books, got my 60" circs, and grabbed some leftover Doctor Who wool (as we were watching Doctor Who last night, it seemed appropriate) and began learning.

Mistakes made:
1. 60" circs, while fine for a möbius shawl, are a tad too long for a "let's try it and see what we get" project.

2. Magic Loop (accidental) + Möbius = Muderous Rage

3. Maxine is of NO help when stitches are being dropped left and right, no matter WHAT she says to try to convince me otherwise.

At one point I did throw the entire thing on the floor in disgust, curled myself up dramatically into a ball on the chaise-lounge, and wailed, "Maybe I should just SELL all of my knitting stuff! I obviously can't DO it!" Hubby, good man that he is, kissed on the the head and went up to take a shower, leaving me to bask in the mocking waves of defeat radiating off the would-be möbius.

After a good ten-minute pout, I picked it up and fixed it. The damn thing is pretty neat!

Labels: ,

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  11:01 AM   2 comment(s)

2 Comments:

*snork* :D Now go try some new pathways for sock knitters...

By Blogger Janis, at 1:04 PM  

Go get some 40" circs, you will be so much happier.

BTW- I have heard more horror stories about the New Pathways book than any other book or pattern we sell so be warned. Regardless, I love Cat Bordhi (though if you stopped knitting I might have to reconsider my love of her.)

By Blogger robyn, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet