Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 7.18.2008 

FridayFridayFriday

You would not believe the week I've had. I seriously wonder sometimes if people think I'm lying when I explain my life...

Monday I was off from work so that I could work on AC stuff. The new issue was due up at midnight. I had been on a stay-up-till-4am and sleep-til-noon schedule, so when I awoke at noon with my to do list I didn't pay any attention to the clanging outside my house. I got ready to head to the office (the G5 I signed out lost its power supply in a big storm just before we went to Canada and hasn't been fixed yet) and nearly tripped over a guy squatting outside my front door, next to the gas meter. He was from the gas company. There was a leak. They were digging just beyond the car.

I turned around and blogged/emailed editors to let people know there was going to be a delay. Everything was fixed and someone came by to turn my gas back on. At that point I had already told everyone not to expect anything until the next weekend, so I worked on book reviews the rest of the day, and watched episodes of Scrubs in between.

So, schedule totally thrown off, I returned to work on Tuesday. Vampire was Tuesday night. Wendesday Ne came with me to pick up our friend Abby from the airport in Lville. I got home about 11:30 and to my surprise, smell gas. I called the special "I smell gas!" number and they sent out a guy who got there between 12:30 and 1am. (That is not a complaint, by the way. That is pretty good considering their non-emergency response times.) He replaced large parts of the meter and most of the hookup joints. However, before he went to turn the gas back on he red-flagged our water heater, which the previous guy had turned on. He explained the THREE big code violations, and I told him about Monday's gas adventure. He was appalled, and I told him I was going to complain about the Monday guys to the gas company and suggested he do the same. It was 2:30am before all was said and done. Sacry Asian Bosslady was nice enough to let me come in late on Thursday morning.

Luckily it has been warm enough that not having hot water is not really a problem at this moment. I took a long, cool bath until I started to resemble a drowning victim and then I hung out in the craft room with the ceiling fan on high. I could have just turned the thermostat down, but it was plenty cold downstairs and seems silly to make it a meatlocker when I was going to be on the second floor. Then I just read, which is something I haven't had time to do in a while.

Today, Scary Asian Bosslady is letting us out early. Apparently she wants to live vicariously through us because it's "such a nice day." I didn't have the heart to tell her I thought day is actually quite miserable and I would be sequestering myself inside my air-conditioned house.

On top of everything, I've been working on organizing this wrock concert thing that happens Monday. Talk about craziness.

Wrock the Vote!

Labels:

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  1:10 PM   2 comment(s)

2 Comments:

Aug, gas company sucks! Glad you are not blown up. Again.

BTW, any chance of seeing you this Sunday or Tuesday, dear sweet Zabet?

By Blogger Janis, at 4:02 PM  

I lead a very strange existence, with many stories to tell. In fact, a previous boss actually called me in for a good old ticking off, said that other staff members were concerned about me and that I was making up odd stories which quite clearly were not true. E.g your boyfriend has 2 pairs of ears and was born a mutant!

Talk about making stuff up, I said my boyfriend was born with an extra pair of earflaps in front of his others, which got removed in case it obscured his hearing and in no way was it an extra pair of ears!

I had a year as well, that meant taking a day off every couple of months due to a friend or relative dying including my own Mum and my boss said, that although she believed my Mum had died, she could not believe my cousin and her baby died (true, it was in the news and my cousin actually drowned herself with her baby due to post-natal problems) and my best friend had died (true, she was in a diabetic coma for a year then died of a cold) and another friend had died (yep, he really did, in a diving accident, he went down about 50m, then totally disappeared, body found months later on a beach) so my boss said I was making it up for effect!

So, however wierd my life gets, I rarely document it or tell anyone, I just think "nobody would believe me if I told them this...." and that is true!

By Blogger Erssie, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet