Zabatious Blog.  Click here to skip side menu and go directly to the main body. fuck the
mainstream

activist gig



what was it I was doing again?


Recently Read

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
Bossypants
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket & Related Tales
Death Masks
Summer Knight
One Salt Sea
Grave Peril
Late Eclipses
All That Lives Must Die
An Artificial Night
Fool Moon
A Local Habitation


}


on the needles
ravelry

in my head
stache addict

their lives
lonck
ninja journalist
red head press
colleen anne
the cunning james
inky knits
newsbug
d'wan's brain
woollywormhead
skeinspotting
elysse
high vark
gringa.org
the capacious hold-all
me(ish)
abbie the cat
no impact man
starting from scratch

stitch 'n bitch army
the gogok
knitting knurse
gambling & whoring
robiewankenobie
can't sit still
miss knit
knits and pieces
magic knitter
sweet little domestic life
starfallz
transference of addiction
knittinology
danadana

currently stalking
amanda palmer
clarine harp
brenda dayne
franklin habit
stephanie pearl-mcphee
tim ralphs

ikea dreams
1 mandal bed
1 mandal wardrobe
1 ethel rund shower curtain

me like-y!
male contraceptives
another girl @ play
melanie mauer photography
le cadavre exquis
unamerican activities
christmas resistance
all about my vagina
voluntary human extinction movement








Honorary Kiwi

did I do that?
The AntiCraft
nz in 2003
life with nadja
wish list
Zabet Groznaya

btw, I power Blogger

and you are visitor #
Site Meter
since 02.01.01

design © 2002-2007 by
zabet.groznaya at gmail dot com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

.: 11.26.2008 

*sigh*

One of the evils of Facebook is that it assumes you want to be friends with everyone that your friends are friends with.

Apparently Joe is on Facebook, and apparently one of my old college friends is friends with Joe. (By "friends" here I mean "have friended each other on Facebook" - I make no speculations to the closeness or depth of affection they have for each other.) This makes sense; they were both in the theatre department. But, like several people from my past, I really don't want to deal with Joe, in FB or RL or at all, so when the software occasionally reminds me that he's a person I might know, I click the small X to make him disappear.

Would only that it were always that easy.

Last night I had another dream about him, the most unsettling one yet. There was no panic, no vitriol, no anger. There was only us in that same glow there was on the first date, before we realized how crazy each other was and how this was such a bad idea. Worst of all, I was so wrapped up in the dream that my usually fairly-lucid self didn't step in and make it all stop.

So yeah, I feel guilty about having a mushy, lovey-dovey dream about an ex, and I feel disappointed in myself for my subconscious forgiving him to the point of forgetting what happened, and I feel a little nostalgically bereaved for a relationship that, at the time, was best I'd had (lets you know how low the bar had been set) and that I had as much of a hand in destroying as he did.

I guess I'm not really over the whole DNA thing after all. If I could cut it out of me to guarantee there would be no more dreams of him, I would.

Or maybe it means I'm finally over dwelling on the bad and can fondly remember the good.

Or maybe it means I should just spend less time on Facebook.

Labels: ,

thus proclaimeth the Zabet  10:58 AM   0 comment(s)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








New Wizard Rock Shirts!
by Zabet